Sonntag, 7. August 2016

"Aloud" - Some more of my mixed media work




As my time to create is limited after all and also sometime I fell rather tired, to take part in challenges is a good way to focus myself and find the energy to create nevertheless (strangely enough I feel more energized after I started creating but even knowing this, sometimes it needs energy to go there).



Challenges help to narrow down the topic, parts, colour schemes and/or narrative to find a starting point. There are a lot of ideas in my head, often too many to decide what I actually want to do. ;)


Therefore I also love to combine challenges if they fit. This time I combined two challenges: 1. The colour mixing blog challenge at Paper Artsy and 2. The july challenge at an online mixed media class "Wanderlust" (sadly only open to participants). The topic of the july challenge was: Create a collage with at least 4 different kinds of paper and be inspired by Coco Chanels quote: "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud."


Here are my thoughts to my piece:

"It is rather difficult to see in a photo how different the paper qualities are as well as the tactile quality these collage pieces have. I used a lot of different papers with my homemade gelatine plates for printing. I didn't use words or script but rather wanted to show the ideas and thoughts as interlocking patterns, one above the others, being in her head as well as around her. If you have a closer look: Her mouth is open, she is talking right now and her colours and ideas change the world around her. Aloud not only by talking but shown through the bright and striking colours."



Since creating the piece I changed a few details, I added some contrast around the faces (very subtle but with a great effect) and very lightly darkened the edges.


There are 6 different panels that belong together. Maybe I'll mount them at a black background... or maybe I'll mount then as single pieces that could be arranged variably. I do think (at least right now) that they belong together but actually they also would work as single pieces. What do you think?


And to make and use homemade gelatine plates for monoprinting is so easy, I still don't understand why it took me so long to start using them :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails