Freitag, 15. Juni 2012

Monster!


Monster!

His name is "Grummelchen". 
Grummel is a person which is grummelig or which grummels. Okay, how to translate "grummeln"? It means something like to rumble, to mumble, to chunter, to snarl or just being grumpy! Not too strong but being a little bit this way. 
So... and in german you can play and belittle the word by adding a "chen" at the end. Not for every word, but a lot! Like a tiny grumpy person = "Grummelchen" Of course Grummelchen sounds way better ^^

I sewed him out of strong and heavy wool felt (Walkloden in german). You see, he is the first (but definitely not the last!) of my tiny handsewn monsters! He just evolved by playing with the felt and creating my first eyeballs out of fimo. Things like monsters just happens! They do!


I made a little mistake with the glue so I added some eyebrows which enhances his grumpy look!


The eyeballs are made out of white polymer clay (fimo), the colours is painted and then a thick layer of liquid fimo was added to create a lense effect. And of course lacquer, shiny lacquer! Otherwise the liquid fimo wouldn't be so transparent. 


Some little air bubbles were trapped but I still love my first eyeballs!


Monsters also needs some teeth and they were also made out of fimo!


In the morning...


...you see the striking resemblance? 


...but invisible in the green gras...! Beware of the monsters! They are everywhere! ^^


15 Kommentare:

  1. This is to cute for a monster! Would make a great egg cosy, my boys would love these!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. This is so doggone cute!! Love it.
    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
    Wildly Original Round Up party is open!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. He is the coolest! And the eyes are so good - wow!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. wee grump :D He's absolutely fantastic, I love him.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Aww! So glad you came and linked up some fabulous projects over at I Gotta Create! I had to feature this little guy on Facebook right away! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Igottacreate/100573240032625?sk=wall
    <3 Christina

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Oh my goodness! You are so talented and creative. I don't think I'll ever say this to anyone again, but, those eyeballs are incredible. Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing at Etcetorize this week~

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. New follower! love your little monster!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks! :)

      *waves*

      Claire

      PS: I am answeing here because you had no email attached to your blog account :)

      Löschen
  8. You're a STAR tonight over at I Gotta Create! Featuring your fabulous little monster. Thanks so much for linking up!
    <3 Christina

    http://igottacreate.blogspot.com/2012/06/wildly-original-features-5-new-party.html

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. LOVE HIM! I am a new follower, popping over from I Gotta Create! Have a great day!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. This would be perfect at my house for when my daughter or I are in a bad mood. We could get out Grummelchen and it would be understood that we are just in a mood! Really cute. Thanks for stopping by Quirky Vistas and following! I'm now following you too.
    Liz

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. How could anyone be grumpy with this little monster around? He is fantastic, love his eyeballs and his grumpy little expression.. You did a great job.. I am going to feature him on this week's Pink Hippo Party!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Oh, Grummelchen are sooooo sweet. I love monsters ;-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Oh, Grummelchen are sooooo sweet. I love monsters ;-)

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails