Montag, 18. Oktober 2010

Cute little bones I - Under glas



I love all the little skeletal pictures of graphics fairy! Maybe because I am a biologist, maybe because I am a little bit weird ^^, but there is a strange but very delicate beauty in a skeletal system. There is even an impression of movement if I look at them!

So I thought about, what I could do with her pictures... Here is my first one. Just takes the time for printing and some glue to dry ^^

I printed this one very small (half an inch maybe?), glued it on a glas nugget (yes, I found some new ones!) and after drying put a layer of white acrylic paint on the back. This is as well for protection as for getting a brigther background.

This glas nugget had a lot of little air bubbles inside. I like imperfections like this, it is the final touch on everything. :)

9 Kommentare:

  1. This is so cute and sweet, absolutely adorable.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I like this so much! I too have some little imperfect glass nuggets that I bought on a whim recently, not knowing what exactly I would do, but thanks to you, I have a better idea now- thank you for posting this. I came here tonight from The Graphics Fairy and now I will take a little time to explore your blog! Nancy

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Oh how cute!!! And you are a biologist? So cool! Thanks for linking this up to Brag Monday.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Thank you all :)

    And yes, I am a biologist with main topis during study in genetics, microbiology, neurobiology and molecular medicine / virology. Now I am mostly in virology, molecular biology and stem cells... I love what I am doing (normally, not now due to my hunting thesis ^^). And I think it is the same drive and inspiration which makes me obsessed with the laboratory work as well as creating stuff. You need a lot of creativity and have to love your work while it is still in progress :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I love your style. Great site!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. love this! I made skeleton face magnets similar to this... come over and check out my blog hop going on at SewWoodsy.blogspot.com.

    *i'm your newest follower*

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I come from "The Graphics Fairy" and I love your glass nuggets! Great idea!

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails