Montag, 6. September 2010

Tree stencil

 

 
Just a little stencil, nothing more, but I like the way it comes out.
They are easy to make not only for trees but also for animals, people, houses...

  • Just take a picture of a tree (especially during wintertime without leaves, now you know why I want to add a lot of pictures to my collection this winter ^^) or another object.
  • Play a little bit with the contrast and the brightness until you can see the tree details very good which you want to cut out.
  • Print it out, just b/w.
  • Cut it out with a sharp paper knife and please, as always, don't be too acurate! But cut carefully, you want to use the paper with the "hole" as well as the cut out object.
  • Turn around if you want the white site. If you want another colour just print on a coloured paper.


And also: Don't use to many details. They will be lost, it is more difficult to cut and in the end one just stops creating a new stencil due to frustration. The effect will still be great sometimes even greater without to small details! Try it :)

 
 
 

 

 

6 Kommentare:

  1. This is wonderful, what a great idea!! I wanted to let you know that I'll be bragging about you tomorrow! I'll be featuring your beautiful Mail Art on my Brag Monday post!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Einfach wunderschön. Schlicht und überzeugend.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. What a great idea... I will ahve to try this!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Neat! Followed you over from Fab Friday. Come visit us at Atticmag.

    Allison
    Atticmag

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. What a cool idea to use a picture to make a stencil, I've never heard of that before!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Dear Saraccino,

    I'm as a founder of http://pickuprubbish.blogspot.com.au/

    I using it for our header images would you mind to give the copyright? I really appreciated if you would given it to me! Thanks :)

    contact: fairdinkumbay@gmail.com

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails